Mark 16:15 : He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
John 15:27 : And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.
We encourage you to get involved in local missions! Myrtle Grove financially and prayerfully supports the following ministries. Please contact the following ministries to volunteer or seek assistance.
- Lifeline Pregnancy Center: Offers free pregnancy test, confidential peer counseling, information on abortion alternatives, adoption, parenting and pregnancy.
Phone: (910) 392-0001
- Carolina Christian Radio: Reaching Wilmington, Southeastern North Carolina and beyond through live streaming. Offering instruction on family life, and informative national call-in shows, with local Wilmington area news and weather.
Phone: (910) 763-2452
- International Seamen’s Center: The center is a non-profit Christian organization with the mission of serving the temporal and spiritual needs of the seamen who visit our port.
Phone: (910) 762-3792
- New Life Prison Ministry: A volunteer organization seeking to minister to those in jail and prison through spiritual and practical means.
Phone: (910) 254-1443
- Young Life Wilmington: Believes in the power of presence. Kids’ lives are dramatically impacted when caring adults come alongside them, sharing God’s love with them. Because their leader believes in them, they begin to see that their lives have great worth, meaning and purpose.
Phone: (910) 392-5551
Myrtle Grove Foreign Missionaries On The Field
- James and Margaret Sinsel and Family: James and Margaret have a love for the Lord and for people, and it is these two vital components that make them so effective in their role at Lifehope. Moving from South Carolina, they bring a rich background of ministry that fits perfectly into their position here. The joy of being able to come alongside people in their different journeys and to connect with people from all different cultures and backgrounds continues to energize them as they serve at LifeHope in Canada. James and Margaret also have three daughters; Laney, Janay and Sophia.
- Steve Kohl: Serving in Belize, Central America with a heart for God and the nation of Belize! Steve is helping to serve in the dental or chiropractic ministries that will assist in restoring the physical and spiritual needs of the community. They are currently accepting small teams of short term missionaries to come and serve in the completion of the building.
- Douglas and Jennings Boone: Douglas and his wife, Jennings, live, minister and work in Bunia in the Eastern Congo as Bible translators with SIL International. Douglas focuses on strategic language research and trains new researches and Jennings works as a consultant with Congolese translation teams.
- Elliot Tepper: Madrid, Spain - Founder Of Betel International. Betels, Christ-centered communities dedicated to restoring substance-dependent and marginalized people to productive and independent lifestyles, can be found in 15 countries. The emphasis is on the restoration of personality that is found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Betel has always followed the approach that addicts must quit, cold turkey. There are no substitute drugs to help them slowly work their way off heroin or other drugs — no alcohol, no cigarettes, no exceptions. "We don’t have a separate detox program," Elliott explains. Addicts trade a life of being high on drugs to being high on God. "It’s total abstinence. There’s no medication. They just have to live in the community, and they have to quit, cold turkey. Most programs allow people to smoke; we don’t. "The program is also completely voluntary — and free.
Phone: +34 91 525 2222
- Doug & Beth Wright: Doug has traveled back and forth between Wilmington and the Congo for several years since they returned from the field after 20 years focusing on consultation to assist the Logo team to finish the New Testament Bible translation that has the opportunity to impact 300,000 Logo speakers. SIL International is a faith-based nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide as they build capacity for sustainable language development. SIL does this primarily through research, translation, training and materials development.
- Dan & Beth Sonnenberg: Timothy Two International - Training pastors in Latin America. - https://goo.gl/FeTYgd
- Steve and Rissa Curtis: Timothy Two Project International - Steve and Rissa are committed to equipping and training indigenous pastors and other church leaders with the foundational truths of the Christian faith that they may then be able to train others, so that the Great Commission can reach to the ends of the earth! Their Mission “...what you have heard from me... entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." - 2 Timothy 2:2
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ timothytwoproject
- Valya Grenchuk: Lives in Atlanta with her husband and daughter where they reach out to the Eastern European community. She oversees the massive task of day to day operations of the Institute For The Development Of Christian Leadership, a strategic partner of MTEE based in Kyiv, Ukraine. There are schools in over five nations with students working towards their doctorate in theology. Our financial support goes towards Ukrainian teachers’ travel expenses to Russia for the purpose of teaching in the Bible schools.
- Lance and Lisa Lawrence: Serve with World Outreach in the Middle East. They have three daughters Natalie, Makayla, Alia.
- Dr. Kendall Suh: Kendall serves as a doctor in medical missions traveling throughout Asia where a church plant is needed. God uses his medical skills to meet the physical needs of the people while the team helps lead people to the Lord. Kendall lives with his wife E.J. and their daughter in Ohio.