Vision of The Grove
(Myrtle Grove Evangelical Presbyterian Church)
We have always believed that the vision of the church should center and revolve around what God is doing in His Creation. The church exists, not for its own mission but to accomplish and steward the mission of God and represent His Presence to peoples of the earth.
We understand the mission and vision of God to center around six primary axes.
- The Great promise of God. Matt. 16:13-19. “Who do men say that I am?”
“Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” The Rock of revelation of who Jesus is as the Christ is the cornerstone of this great promise.
- The Great Commandment. Matt. 22:34-40. “Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and the great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- The Great Commission. Matt. 28:18-20. “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.”
- The Great Mission. Luke 19:10. “…For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- The Great Multiplication. Matt. 24:14. “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
- The Great Witness. Acts 1:8. “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
The Mission of The Grove
God has called us to be a church that is responding to God’s love for us by Loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, through worship and service.
God has called us to learn to love the people around, both in the church and those outside of her fellowship. This requires that we see people as God sees them!
SHARING JESUS WITH THOSE WE MEET.
Our intent is to share Jesus with the people we meet along life’s way. Outreach and Evangelism are key functions here.